Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector in Durham
The threat of carbon monoxide poisoning is real. Carbon monoxide (CO) is hard to detect since it is invisible and odorless. Your home appliances release carbon monoxide, and if they are not properly vented, the CO exposure can result in severe symptoms. A low level of exposure is similar to the flu, and higher levels can cause vomiting, confusion, and unconsciousness. Prevention to this type of CO exposure is critical for your family’s safety and the best way to protect yourself is to install a carbon monoxide detector in Durham. When the detector is installed correctly by a professional technician, it will work effectively to alert you if there is a carbon monoxide leak in your home.
Keep your carbon monoxide detector in Durham either plugged in or with batteries fully charged. A weak battery that needs replacement will alert you with a constant chirp sound, so you know it is time to check and replace the batteries. CO detectors are lifesavers, as they instantly alert you when there is a harmful leak inside of your home. They are priced affordably, so you should have at least one on each floor of your home. At Boer Brothers, we have provided you with some tips for preventing carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Gas powered generators and appliances need to be used outdoors, not inside.
- Do not use your oven or range for heating your home.
- Charcoal should never be burned in a home, vehicle or garage.
- Chimneys and vents should be kept clear of obstructions, especially during home renovations.
- Your car should never run in the garage, even with the door open. Start your car and pull out of the garage immediately, instead of leaving it running.
- Propane camping stoves should only be used outside.
- If your CO detector goes off, leave your house or building immediately.
We recommend carbon monoxide detectors for your home and can help you determine which detectors work the best for your home and appliances. We have detectors that are very sensitive, providing a great level of security and safety. For top service with carbon monoxide detectors in Durham, contact Boer Brothers at 919-813-2556.